I started blogging simply because I wanted to try writing as a means of discovering myself. It has been a surreal experience so far meeting different people from different countries. Blogging has made me grow in terms of my writing and expressions and I’m glad I’m doing this.
Currently, I have 79 followers and not as many views as I’d like but I’m hoping they grow more day by day. I know everyone’s journey is not the same and I’m being patient.
So it means a lot to me that I got nominated for two awards around the same time. Little ol’ me who is still finding her way here😳. This means I’m being noticed and doing something right. Thank you, I’m grateful!
SUNSHINE BLOGGER AWARD
So as these awards go, there are rules I have to follow and the rules of the Sunshine Blogger Award are the following;
- Thank blogger(s) who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions that the blogger asked you.
- Nominate 11 blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the sunshine blogger award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
MY ANSWERS TO LAURA’S QUESTIONS
- What are your three best qualities? I’m passionate, I’m focused and I don’t give up easily.
- Do you believe in an afterlife? No, I don’t. I believe when we die, we remain there till the day of judgement.
- Speak every language in the world or know how to dance every type of dance possible? Definitely speak every language. This is because I can only speak two languages fluently and I’ve always wanted to learn more. There’s something special when you communicate with someone in the language they understand best. Maybe I’ll still get to learn one or two. Who knows?😄
- What’s the best dessert that you have ever tasted? Whenever I go out to eat, I’m always too full after the appetizer and main course to consider dessert and I just go with green teaor nothing. So I don’t have many options to choose from.
- Are you happy that Disney films are now doing remakes with real actors, or do you think they should stick to just animations? Yes, I like that they are going in this direction. I just hope they keep getting it right. I really enjoyed watching The Beauty and The Beast.
- Do your friends have blogs and do they understand why you do it? My friends don’t have blogs. It’s been easy getting my male friends to visit my blog and I even get feedback from them most of the time. However, most of my female friends don’t understand why I’m doing this. I really hope they do soon because it means so much to me and I would love to share this part of me with them. Those following me via email, I see you. Thank you 😘
- Audrey Hepburn or Marilyn Monroe? Marilyn Monroe – Besides the fact that she’s greatly celebrated, I really admire her look (the blonde hair and red lipstick). She had a strong desire to be seen as being more than just an actress and sex symbol. So she used her many quotes for this. Here are my two favorites; “Give a girl the right pair of shoes and she’ll conquer the world.” “When it comes down to it. I let people think what they want. And if they care enough to bother with what I do, I already know I’m better than them.”
- Effortlessly chic or super glamorous? Effortlessly chic- Being glamorous all the time can be tiring but being chic without much effort can be your motto. Plus, it’s more admirable.
- Describe your perfect day: My perfect day would start with breakfast in bed, then a bit of writing and reading. Catching up on TV series, Snuggling in bed, A 5km run in the evening just before the sun sets. Then a dinner date with the boo.
- What motivates you every morning? Can I say my fitbit?😩😂. Well lately, it’s been the comments and likes I get on my blog.
- What do you do, when you’re feeling down?
- I take a cup of tea because tea makes me feel better. I wrote about my love for tea here.
- I watch one of my favorite romcoms( I have a lot of them which include; Valentine’s Day, He’s Just Not That Into You, New Years Eve to name a few)
- Call my sisters. I have three sisters and they don’t live in Nigeria. Sometimes, simply talking to them all on skype video call at the same time lifts my spirits.
Loved answering your questions Laura, thank you😘.
- Why did you start blogging?
- What’s your favourite movie of all time?
- If you could give your younger self an advice, what would it be?
- Describe yourself in three words
- How has blogging changed your life?
- If you could be anyone for a day, who would you be?
- What post is your favourite blog post you’ve written and why?
- What is the song you absolutely love and will never get tired of?
- What’s your favourite thing to do in this world?
- What would you rather do, Read or Watch TV?
- What is most important to you?
MY NOMINEES FOR THE SUNSHINE BLOGGER AWARD
Victoria – https://tashneevmavee.wordpress.com
Mrs. S LDN – https://mrssldn.com
Nifemi – https://nyphewrites.wordpress.com
MYSTERY BLOGGER AWARD
I was nominated by Victoria for this award. She is a personal style and fashion blogger so we jelled quickly. A post of hers that I love so much is about not needing expensive clothes to fit in. Click here to read. Thanks Victoria.
“Mystery Blogger Award” is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging; and they do it with so much love and passion. – Okoto Enigma
I would like to thank Okoto Enigma for this amazing award that play major roles in bringing bloggers closer together!
- Display the award logo/image on your blog
- List the rules.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to the nominator’s blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
- Answer 5 questions from the nominator
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice, with one weird or funny question (specify)
- Nominate bloggers
- Share the link(s) to your best post(s)
THREE THINGS ABOUT ME
- I enjoy cooking
- I have a bit of OCD
- I love meeting new people and making new friends.
MY ANSWERS TO VICTORIA’S QUESTIONS
- What is the weirdest thing you’ve ever done? I’m not a big weirdo but I did some weird things in secondary school such as ironing bread and butter with paper to make a toast, ironing milo and soaking noodles in cold water. I’m more of a daring and adventurous person though.
- Can you tell me some of your strengths that really helped you in blogging? I’m a focused and hard working person and when I set my mind to do something I always ensure it’s done. Blogging is a part of me now.
- Who has impacted you most in blogging and how? I would say Linda Ikeji. Her blog is a household name and she paved the way for most Nigerian bloggers including myself.
- Who was your first style icon? My older sisters really. They were always dressed alike and so fashionable, I always admired them so followed suit. They are still baffers till date😂.
- How would you describe your blogging style? I don’t have a blogging style. I blog about anything that comes to me. I even tried poetry recently. I think my limits are endless with this style I’m on right now and I’m enjoying it.
- What is your biggest achievement ever?
- If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
- What is your greatest fear in life?
- Where do you get your blogging inspiration from?
- If you had to be a disney cartoon character, who would you be and why?
MY NOMINEES FOR THE MYSTERY BLOGGER AWARD
Bowale – https://bowalexo.wordpress.com
LINK TO MY BEST POSTS
I know this was a long read so I appreciate you taking the time.