It’s Friday and the end of another week. I hope you had a great week and if you didn’t, the weekend is here for you to rest and reflect. I love to read a lot and today I’m sharing some vital information I believe everyone should live by.
The following rituals for radiant living are culled from a book titled The Monk who sold his Ferrari written by Robin S. Sharma. These rituals guide you to live the best and most fulfilled life.
1. THE RITUAL OF SOLITUDE: This ritual simply means you should dedicate some time (an hour if you can) from your 24 hours for silence and self appreciation and knowledge. Spend time by yourself daily and this is best done at the same time daily.
2. The RITUAL OF PHYSICALITY: This ritual is based on the principle that as you train your body, you train your mind. We require vigorous exertion daily for a minimum of 5 hours a week to nurture our minds. I have mentioned the importance of exercise severally and this proves it again. Take some time every single day to nourish the temple of your body through vigorous exercise. Get your blood circulating and your body moving.you care for the body so you care for the mind.
3. The RITUAL OF LIVE NOURISHMENT: The writer speaks about the importance of eating live foods, foods created through the natural interaction of the sun, air, soil and water. It’s usually hard initially but the amazing way you feel afterwards inside and out is totally worth it. A pure diet is the best way to eat(vegetarian).
4. The RITUAL OF ABUNDANT KNOWLEDGE: No knowledge gained is lost. This ritual focuses on the importance of reading and exploring the wealth of information out in the world. Applying what you learn daily to your life. Try to read regularly: Reading 30 mins a day will do wonders for you. It also talks about Selective Reading: you must be selective of what you fill your mind with. Focus on improving your mind and quality of life. I particularly enjoy reading because of the mass of knowledge I have attained through it such as; this information I’m sharing.
5. The RITUAL OF PERSONAL REFLECTION: By taking time to get to know yourself, you will connect to a dimension of your being that you never knew you had. The power of reflection – the only way to improve tomorrow is to know what you did wrong today. Then you come up with a clear plan to ensure it doesn’t happen again.
6. The RITUAL OF EARLY AWAKENING: Start your day off early, list what you want to achieve during the day and plan to live it like it’s your last day (should be magical). It’s not the quantity of sleep but the quality that matters, tune out and get some good deep sleep, you will wake up refreshed and invigorated.
7. The RITUAL OF MUSIC: The power of music is deep and resonates with the soul. Spend a little time listening to music daily. It will uplift your soul. It works for me, it will work for you too.
8. The RITUAL OF SPOKEN WORD: It’s good to have words of affirmation you say to yourself daily. Create your own positive mantra of words to keep you strong, focused and happy daily. Create your own mantra and speak them to yourself daily to keep you youthful with vitality. This right here is why I love the show Being Maryjane (if you know, you know).
- I am strong and confident
- I can totally do this
- Stop overthinking, it will only bring sadness
9. The RITUAL OF A CONGRUENT CHARACTER: Taking daily incremental action to build your character.
- You sow a thought, you reap an action.
- Reap an action, you sow a habit.
- Sow a habit, you reap a character.
- Sow a character, you reap your destiny.
10. The RITUAL OF SIMPLICITY: This ritual requires you to live a simple life. Focus on your needs more than your wants. A simple life is a peaceful life.
Are you willing to imbibe these rituals in your daily life????
Thanks for reading and have a good weekend.