Do you miss yourself and feel like you need to get back to you?
The pressures of adulting can make us feel like we’ve lost a sense of ourselves. It’s never pleasant to feel like you’ve lost touch with that one person who knows how to make you feel alive—yourself. This statement may sound cheesy, but we all have that one point where we feel a sense of emptiness, an ongoing sadness for no particular reason, or a void that needs to be filled.
When we lose touch with ourselves, it may be because we have been running around trying to meet the demands of life—working, coping, taking care of others, and trying to keep up with our daily routines. Sometimes, we can even be so busy that we live on autopilot, not thinking about what makes us happy or what we want in life.
A few signs can indicate that we are losing touch with ourselves. For instance, we may feel like we are not making progress in our activities, or we may start to lose interest in our favourite hobbies. We may feel like we don’t have any passion left in us, or we may feel like we’re just going through the motions of life.
The good news is that it is possible to find yourself again. To do this, you may need to take a step back from your busy life, take some time for yourself, and reconnect with yourself.
If you feel this way, here are a few tips to help you find yourself again:
1. Take some alone time: Take some time to be alone, think, and reflect on your life. Spend a day alone or do something you love, like going to the movies, reading a book, or practising yoga. You can also try meditating.
2. Try something new: Trying something new, like learning a new language, travelling, or taking up a hobby, can help you discover new things about yourself.
3. Connect with others: Reach out to old friends, family members or join a social group. Connecting with others can help you get a different perspective on life.
4. Get active: Exercise is good for your mental well-being. Try to exercise regularly; it can help you clear your mind and reduce stress. Mix up routines, work up a good sweat or just stretch. Make sure you get moving.
5. Journal: Write your thoughts and feelings down to reflect on your day and how you feel in the moment. Being honest and true to yourself can help you seek help.
It’s normal to feel like you’ve lost touch with yourself. However, it’s essential to reconnect with who you are, whether it’s spending time alone, trying something new, connecting with others, exercising or journaling.
I hope this helps.
Leave a Reply