The only constant thing in life is change yet more often than not we run from change at every given time. I read a book recently Who Moved My Cheese? and it inspired this post.
Change happens all the time in everything we do in life and it’s absolutely up to us move towards it, accept it and look for how beneficial it can be to us.
In a world that is constantly changing, it is to our advantage to learn how to adapt and enjoy something better. Yes change can be drastic, unexpected and totally not what we ever imagined but accepting it early enough makes it bearable on the long run.
So this book, which is a very small book which can be read in an hour if I may add, tells a very beautiful short story about managing change and I’m sharing the things I learnt with you all today;
- Look at change as gaining something rather than losing something.
- Doing the same thing over and over again doesn’t make things get better.
- Life moves on and so should you.
- If you do not change, you can become extinct.
- Fear is good when it prompts you into action but it’s bad if it prevents you from doing anything at all.
- What you are afraid of is never as bad as what you imagine.
- Take control instead of letting things happen to you.
- Movement in a new direction helps you make headway.
- The quicker you let go of the bad, the sooner you find new good.
- It is safer to keep going than remain stuck in a situation.
- When you change what you believe, you change what you do.
- Noticing minute changes early helps you adapt to bigger changes that are to come.
- The fastest way to change is to realize your folly, let go and move on.
- The biggest inhibitor to change lies within yourself and nothing gets better until you change.
I hope you are able to take these tips on change and imbibe them in your life. I sure have.
Thanks for reading.